You can mirror Android to computer with Windows 10 or 11 native “Projecting to this PC” feature. the Vysor.
How to Mirror Phone on Windows 10 or 11
Microsoft offers a native feature in Windows 10 or Windows 11 to mirror cell phones and other devices through the Miracast protocol, compatible with many smartphones with Android system. However, you need to activate the Wireless Video feature first.
- Go in Startthen on settings, System It is Projection for this computer;
- click in optional featuresthen on add a feature;
- In the search box, search for “wireless video“, select the resource and click Install. Wait for the installation.
With the mirroring feature installed, just activate the mobile connection. If the smartphone does not find the computer, go to the menu to transmit the screen:
- Open the Start Menu, and search for the app To connect;
- Open the mirroring option on your mobile phone and select the device which contains your computer name.
Enable mirroring on Samsung smartphone
Follow these steps to mirror the screen of a Samsung smartphone using the Miracast protocol (which is supported by Windows):
- Open the device’s notification center, then swipe again from the top to the middle to open the quick panel (control center);
- Enter the option Cont. of the device or on the icon smart view;
- Select the desired device, and confirm the option in Start;
- Screen mirroring has started. You can stop on the device at any time by tapping the Smart View icon in the top right corner.
⚠️ Motorola cell phones
Motorola cell phones do not natively support the Miracast protocol, which makes it impossible to use the Windows wireless display feature.
How to Mirror Android Phone to PC Via Cable
To mirror an Android phone via cable to a PC or Mac, you will need to use Vysor. The application has a free version.
what to do on mobile
To be able to mirror an Android smartphone through Vysor, you need to enable USB Debugging mode, which is within the developer settings. Here’s how to activate this menu:
- Go in settingsthen About Phone;
- Go in settingsthen on about the phone and open the option software information;
- locate the information build number, and tap repeatedly. You will be asked to enter your smartphone lock password or PIN. Upon confirmation, developer mode will be enabled;
- return to menu settingsand enter Developer options;
- Locate the option USB debugging and enable the feature.
what to do on computer
Once you have the USB debugging menu enabled on your Android smartphone, download and install Vysor.
- Open Vysor on your computer;
- Plug the USB cable into your Android phone and computer. The device will show up on Vysor;
- Click the Play button (red);
- On the cell phone screen, confirm data access and allow USB debugging;
- Mirroring was successful. In addition to mirroring, Vysor also allows you to control your smartphone from your computer.
How to connect your cell phone to an external monitor
It is possible to connect the cell phone via cable to an external monitor, depending on the model of your smartphone. However, it is necessary to verify compatibility and use an accessory adapter.
If your smartphone uses Android, the model must support HDMI output. You will need a USB-C to HDMI adapter or a USB-C hub that has either HDMI or VGA output. Not every Android smartphone works with this accessory.
For iPhones, you’ll need a Lightning to HDMI or Lightning to VGA adapter. With everything plugged in, the screen is automatically mirrored.
How to Mirror Android to PC Over the Internet
There is no native way to mirror an Android phone to a PC online, but the AnyDesk remote assistance app can come in handy to enable a wireless display:
- On mobile, download and install AnyDesk from the Play Store;
- on the computer, download the AnyDesk app for Windows or Mac;
- Open AnyDesk on computer and mobile;
- On the computer, type the address generated by the cell phone in the “Enter AnyDesk ID or Destination Alias” field and press Enter;
- On mobile, confirm that you are aware that someone else would like access to your device, then accept the connection request;
- The phone will also display a message informing you about recording or streaming with the AnyDesk app. tap on Start;
- From this moment on, the Android screen will be mirrored on the PC. You can stop sharing at any time via the AnyDesk mobile app, which is also quickly accessible from the notification bar.
How to Mirror iPhone to PC
Mirror iPhone to Mac (AirPlay)
macOS has native support for AirPlay, which makes it easy, fast and free to mirror iOS devices.
All you need to do is make sure your Mac and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then open the iPhone Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring option and select the desired Mac.
Mirror iPhone to Windows Computer
As with Android, you can use Vysor to mirror an iPhone to a Windows PC.
- Download and install Vysor on the computer. On mobile, install Vysor which is available on the App Store.
- Open Vysor on computer and connect iPhone to PC via cable. On your smartphone, tap trust this computer and enter the lock code.
- Open the Vysor app on the iPhone. Tap the camera icon (1) to grant the required permission. Then tap the recording icon (2) and confirm the option start broadcast;
- With the cell phone recognized, click the Play button on the computer;
- click in Skip Vysor Dongle Connection (Mirroring Only Mode);
- Mirroring was successful.
How to Mirror via Samsung’s DeX Mode
Some Samsung smartphones support DeX, an interface similar to One UI that allows you to interact with your smartphone from your computer using a mouse and keyboard. This feature is available on Galaxy S line (S9 or higher), Note (Note 9 or higher) and Fold smartphones.
- Download and install the Samsung DeX app for Windows 10 or higher;
- On your computer, open the Samsung DeX app and connect your compatible Galaxy smartphone via USB cable;
- Confirm on the smartphone the start of Samsung DeX;
- From this moment on, you will be able to control your smartphone and view applications directly on your computer.
You can also use a USB-C hub with HDMI output and use Samsung DeX mode on an external monitor or television. It is also possible to plug in a keyboard and mouse and use DeX without the need for a computer.
Yes, it is possible to mirror the cell phone without internet. Miracast or AirPlay protocol use local network only, and do not require broadband or 4G/5G connection.
Like Samsung DeX, Motorola Ready For lets you control a compatible smartphone directly from your PC. Therefore, it is possible to mirror using the feature.
It is not possible to mirror the screen via Bluetooth, only via Wi-Fi or USB.
It is possible to mirror the screen on Linux using applications such as Andorid Scrcpy or Vysor.
Yes. When mirroring the mobile screen, the sound is also transmitted.
It is possible to mirror the cell phone and play on the PC using Samsung DeX or Motorola Ready For.